Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Reflections

What have you learnt?
I have learnt that it takes a lot of innovation and work to create a perfect product. A lot of thoughts have to be put into the design to make sure it is successful, and that it can work. I also realise that it is only possible to innovate like entrepreneurs when there is an opportunity, but opportunities are hard to come by. I have also learnt that brainstorming is very useful as it helps me to generate creative ideas, albeit impractical.

What difficulties have you encountered?
One of the difficulties have encountered is to decide on what to make. I have tried to research for suitable products but it seems very strange to construct some of those designs in the Internet. Another difficulty will be finding suitable materials to design, or should I say construct, my walking stick prototype.

How do you overcome the difficulties encountered?
I decided to get ideas from my friends after explaining to them the challenge I had adopted. I also tried to ask them to decide which of my ideas were more viable, and which idea would be much more creative. By getting suggestions from others, I chose to work on a walking stick, thus I was able to get the idea of creating a simple walking stick with a compartment for storing an umbrella.

As for my other difficulty, I tried to look back at my design considerations, as well as Ergonomics & Anthropometry. I chose materials based on whether they were safe to use, or effective when it was used. With that, I crafted out my idea on my ADMT journal, before deciding on the specific materials I would be using. This would help solve my major problem in finding materials to construct my prototype.

No comments:

Post a Comment